Driving: Disabled

Transport written question – answered on 7th June 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Paul Rowen Paul Rowen Shadow Minister, Transport

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport what advice his Department and the Highways Agency provides to disabled drivers in the case of (a) a breakdown in a road tunnel and (b) other circumstances where they are unable to reach emergency telephones.

Photo of Gillian Merron Gillian Merron Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport

holding answer 6 June 2007

The advice given to disabled people, whether they breakdown in a road tunnel or in other circumstances where they are unable to reach an emergency roadside telephone, is the same as that contained in the Highway Code (Rule 252). That is to stay in their vehicle, switch on hazard warning lights and display a 'Help' pennant or, if they have a car or mobile telephone, contact the emergency services and be prepared to advise them of their location.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.