Defence written question – answered on 7th June 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Tyrie Andrew Tyrie Conservative, Chichester

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, pursuant to the answer of 25 April 2007, Official Report, column 1119W, on rendition, what arrangements exist for notification of landings by non-military state aircraft at civilian airfields.

Photo of Adam Ingram Adam Ingram Minister of State (Armed Forces), Ministry of Defence

holding answer 1 May 2007

The MOD is only responsible for flight clearance arrangements for foreign military aircraft entering and leaving UK airspace, and for civil aircraft using MOD airfields. Arrangements for aircraft from foreign non-military agencies and Departments transiting UK airspace or landing at UK civil airfields are the responsibility of the relevant counterpart UK Government Department.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No4 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.