Housing: Inspections

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 16th April 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tony Baldry Tony Baldry Conservative, Banbury

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what funding her Department provides to government-accredited schemes to train (a) home inspectors and (b) domestic energy assessors.

Photo of Yvette Cooper Yvette Cooper Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing and Planning)

No public funding has been provided to the commercial companies currently offering training courses to prospective home inspectors and domestic energy assessors.

The trainees themselves are responsible for payment of their own fees, but have access to the range of Government-backed schemes such as career development loans which are available to those wishing to upgrade their skills or undertake a new career.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.