Carer's Allowances

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 27th March 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Graham Stuart Graham Stuart Conservative, Beverley and Holderness

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what plans his Department has to ensure that single parents receive the same weekly rate of carer's allowance as a parent living with a spouse, civil partner or another person; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Anne McGuire Anne McGuire The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

The rate of carer's allowance is the same whether being claimed by a single parent or a member of a couple.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.