Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 21st March 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Daniel Kawczynski Daniel Kawczynski Conservative, Shrewsbury and Atcham

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what recent representations the Government has made to Croatia on the process of returning confiscated homes to Serbian people.

Photo of Geoff Hoon Geoff Hoon Minister of State (Europe), Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Croatia must continue to address the issue of returning Serb refugees. Much progress has been made in repossessing properties occupied during the 1991-95 conflict, building new houses for returning Serbs and reconstructing housing destroyed during the fighting. The Government have also started providing social housing for those Croatian Serbs who lost their tenancy rights during the conflict. But the process needs to be accelerated, and this issue remains an important feature of the EU's political dialogue with Croatia. In addition our ambassador in Zagreb maintains a regular dialogue with the Croatian Government on this and other issues.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.