Police: Pensions

Home Department written question – answered on 13th March 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Hoban Mark Hoban Shadow Minister (Treasury)

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department pursuant to the answer of 31 January 2007, Official Report, column 363-64W, on police force pensions, from which Government fund shortfalls in police authorities' funds are topped up.

Photo of Tony McNulty Tony McNulty Minister of State, Home Office

The Home Office top-up payments are classed as annually managed expenditure (AME) and do not come within departmental expenditure limits (DEL). These arrangements are similar to those used by other unfunded public service pension schemes, for example those for teachers, civil servants and NHS staff. As part of the transition to the new system of financing police pensions, adjustments have been made to the level of Government funding through police grant so that no disadvantage arises at the point of change to the police, local or national taxpayers.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.