The information requested for state pension, pension credit and winter fuel payments is shown in the following table.
|Total recipients for state pension||12,900|
|Total recipients (households) for pension credit||3,150|
|Total recipients for winter fuel payments||14,220|
| Notes: |
1. The constituencies used for state pension are those used for the Westminster Parliament.
2. Pension credit figure is an early estimate as at November 2006.
3. PC recipients are those people who claim PC either on behalf of themselves only or on behalf of a household. This number is equal to the number of households in receipt of PC.
4. Parliamentary constituencies for pension credit and winter fuel payment are assigned by matching postcodes against the relevant postcode directory.
5. Any residence found to have four or more occupants aged 60 and over is not included in the household figures as it is assumed to be a care home.
1. For State Pension—DWP Information Directorate: 100 per cent. Work and Pensions Longitudinal Study data as at August 2006 rounded to the nearest 10.
2. For Pension Credit—Information Directorate 100 per cent. data from the Generalised Matching Service rounded to the nearest 10.
3. For Winter Fuel Payment—Information Directorate, 100 per cent. sample: 2005-06 Winter and rounded to the nearest 10.
The information requested on free TV licences is not available. However, the number of households with at least one person aged 75 or over receiving the winter Fuel payment in the Eltham constituency in 2005-06 was 4,740. Each of these households would therefore be eligible for a free TV licence.