Alcoholic Drinks: Misuse

Health written question – answered on 5th March 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of David Burrowes David Burrowes Conservative, Enfield, Southgate

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what funding has been allocated to Enfield primary care trust for alcohol treatment for 2007-08.

Photo of Caroline Flint Caroline Flint Minister of State (Department of Health) (Public Health)

The Department has allocated £384 million to Enfield primary care trust (PCT) in 2007-08, of which £1.5 million is separately identified to support various "Choosing Health" White Paper initiatives including alcohol treatment services. However, PCTs are responsible within the national health service for commissioning and funding services for their resident populations. It is for PCTs to determine how to use the funding allocated to them to commission services to meet the healthcare needs of their local populations.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.