To ask the Secretary of State for Education and Skills what the average percentage of school-age children entitled to free school meals was in (a) Barnet, (b) London and (c) England in (i) grammar schools, (ii) local authority maintained schools, (iii) denominational schools and (iv) other schools, including special schools in the last period for which figures are available.
The requested information is provided in the table.
|All schools: School meal arrangements ( 1,2 ) : as at January 2006|
|Pupils aged 5 to 15 ( 3)|
|Barnet local authority area||London Government office region( 4)||England( 4)|
|Number of pupils||Number of pupils known to be eligible for free school meals||Percentage of pupils known to be eligible for free school meals||Number of pupils||Number of pupils known to be eligible for free school meals||Percentage of pupils known to be eligible for free school meals||Number of pupils||Number of pupils known to be eligible for free school meals||Percentage of pupils known to be eligible for free school meals|
|Pupil Referral Units||67||26||38.8||4,430||1,660||37.5||23,050||6,090||26.4|
|City Technology colleges||(6)—||(6)—||(6)—||2,850||610||21.2||9440||1,230||13.1|
|Maintained Primary and Secondary schools||36,184||6,880||19.0||850,090||226,300||26.6||6,304,540||1,001,560||15.9|
|Maintained Secondary schools||15,757||2,599||16.5||364,460||91,900||25.2||2,954,220||430,240||14.6|
|(1) Includes all schools except independent schools and direct grant nursery schools. Includes middle schools as deemed. |
(2) includes pupils with sole and dual (main) registration. Also includes pupils with other providers in Pupil Referral Units.
(3) Includes pupils aged 5 to 15 as at 31 August 2005.
(4) Numbers at regional and national level have been rounded to the nearest 10. There may be discrepancies between the sum of constituent items and totals as shown.
(5) Excludes general hospital schools.
(6) Not applicable, no schools of this type