Coal Health Claims

Constitutional Affairs written question – answered on 16th January 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Mann John Mann PPS (Rt Hon Richard Caborn, Minister of State), Department for Culture, Media & Sport

To ask the Minister of State, Department for Constitutional Affairs what her Department's policy as the regulator of claims handlers is on the right of an individual to access to his client papers for industrial disease claims where a claims handler represents him and a Government Department is the defending party.

Photo of Bridget Prentice Bridget Prentice Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Constitutional Affairs

Businesses authorised under the Compensation Act 2006 by the Department for Constitutional Affairs to provide a regulated claims management service are required to provide to the regulator any information that he reasonably requests. If an individual represented by an authorised business makes a reasonable request for papers to that business we would expect the business to provide these. The regulator can direct an authorised person to provide information or documents in relation to a complaint or the conduct of the matter under which the complaint arose, and further direct that these are made available to the client.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.