Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 16th January 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Christopher Huhne Christopher Huhne Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what tonnage of recovered paper was exported to China in each year since 2000.

Photo of Ben Bradshaw Ben Bradshaw Minister of State (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare)

The data requested are not available.

Since recovered paper is classed as non-hazardous waste, or 'green material', it is not subject to the prior written notification and consent procedures which apply to exports of hazardous waste. Therefore the UK competent authorities, who are responsible for the controls that apply to exports of waste, do not have access to specific data on the tonnage of green materials exported from the UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.