Horse-drawn Public Transport

Transport written question – answered on 16th October 2006.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Grayling Chris Grayling Shadow Secretary of State for Transport

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport which body is responsible for regulating horse-drawn public transport.

Photo of Gillian Merron Gillian Merron Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport

Horse-drawn omnibuses and horse-drawn hackney carriages are licensed by local authorities (district or borough councils or unitary authorities). Any byelaws made by local licensing authorities to regulate horse-drawn omnibuses or hackney carriages must be confirmed by the Secretary of State before they can come into force. It is for local authorities to enforce any byelaws which they make.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.