Electoral Register

Constitutional Affairs written question – answered on 9th October 2006.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Greg Hands Greg Hands Conservative, Hammersmith and Fulham

To ask the Minister of State, Department for Constitutional Affairs what guidance the Government have issued on whether political parties may use the full version of the electoral register for (a) party political fundraising purposes and (b) survey canvassing.

Photo of Bridget Prentice Bridget Prentice Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Constitutional Affairs

The Representation of the People Regulations 2002 enables political parties to be supplied with a copy of the full electoral register. The full electoral register can then be used by the political party for "electoral" purposes and in complying with the controls on donations as stated in the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000. The Government have not issued guidance on this issue.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.