The table shows the numbersof dentists in the North-West Cambridgeshire parliamentary constituency each year since 1997 to
|General dental services (CDS) and personal dental services (PDS)|
|North West Cambridgeshire|
| Notes: |
1. Data includes all notifications of dentists joining or leaving the GDS or PDS, received by the Business Services Authority, up to 23 March 2006. Figures for the numbers of dentists at specified dates may vary depending upon the notification period, for example data with a later notification period will include more recent notifications of dentists joining or leaving the GDS or PDS.
2. Dentists consist of principals, assistants and trainees. Prison contracts have been excluded from the data.
3. The postcode of the dental practice was used to allocate dentists to specific geographic areas. Constituency areas have been defined using the Office for National Statistics all fields postcode directory.
4. A dentist with a GDS or PDS contract may provide as little or as much NHS treatment as he or she chooses or has agreed with the PCT. Information concerning the amount of time dedicated to NHS work by individual dentists is not centrally available.
5. Data on dentists that work only in private practice are not held centrally.
The Information Centre for health and social care
Business Services Authority