To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the (a) average speed of response to calls and (b) proportion of failed calls was for each public call centre operated by or on behalf of his Department in the most recent period for which figures are available; and what the staff turnover was in each call centre in the same period.
The information that is available is shown in the table. All data relates to November 2005.
Jobcentre Plus Direct, the National Benefit Fraud Hotline and the Pension Service do not collate information on the average speed of answering calls. The data provided for these helplines (x per cent. of calls answered in y seconds) is the closest comparable indicator.
Failed calls are those that are not presented to the contact centre due to technical reasons, such as insufficient line capacity.
|Helpline||(a) Average speed of answer in seconds (percentage)||(b) Failed calls |
|(c) Staff turnover |
|Pensions Direct||55.3 in 30 seconds||0.94||(25)—|
|Pension Information Orderline||94.6 in 30 seconds||1.66||(26)n/a|
|Pension Guide Orderline||96.5 in 30 seconds||0||(26)n/a|
|Pension Credit Application Line (Outsourced to Ventura)||45.6 in 30 seconds||1.12||(26)n/a|
|Pension Centres||82.6 in 30 seconds||0.64||(27)1.26|
|Retirement Pension Teleclaims||90.8 in 30 seconds||0||(27)1.52|
|Retirement Pension Forecasting Team||50.6 in 30 seconds||0.74||n/a|
|Winter Fuel Helpline||92.3 in 30 seconds||0||(27)0.27|
|International Pension Centre||67.8 in 30 seconds||0||0.54|
|Deficiency Notices||79.1 in 30 seconds||0||n/a|
|Jobcentre Plus Direct—Jobseeker Direct||79.6 in 20 seconds||n/a||(28)1.97|
|Jobcentre Plus Direct—First Contact||75.1 in 20 seconds||n/a|
|National Benefit Fraud Hotline||91.72 in 3 seconds||n/a||(29)n/a|
|CSA National Helpline||52||2||1.50|
|Benefit Enquiry Line||86||43||3.15|
|Disability Living Allowance/Attendance Allowance||101||25||0.83|
n/a = Not available.
(25) Included in Retirement Pensions Teleclaims figures, a separate figure is not available.
(26) These helplines are provided by an external contractor and are not staffed by DWP employees.
(27) This represents the percentage of whole-time equivalent staff who left the Pension Service by resignation or termination only.
(28) Information is not available separately for first contact and jobseeker direct, therefore a total figure has been provided for Jobcentre Plus Direct.
(29) We do not have any information on staff turnover for NBFH, however we are taking steps to ensure this data is available in the future.