Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Information on the take up of council tax benefit is not available below national level. The latest available information is in "Income Related Benefits Estimates of Take Up in 2002/2003", a copy of which is in the Library.
Information on council tax benefit recipients is not available by Parliamentary constituency. The available information on those pensioners in receipt of council tax benefit is in the table.
|Basingstoke and Deane borough council||3,800|
1. The data refers to benefit units, which may be a single person or a couple.
2. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred.
3. Figures for any non-responding authorities have been estimated.
4. Council tax benefit totals exclude any second adult rebate cases.
5. Figures refer to cases where the claimant and/or partner is aged 60 or over.
Quarterly 100 per cent. caseload stock-count taken in February 2005.