To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what percentage of pension credit guarantee element recipients in each region were previously in receipt of the minimum income guarantee.
The information is given in the following table.
|Government office region||Guarantee credit households||Proportion who were converted from minimum income guarantee (percentage)|
|Yorkshire and the Humber||198,475||72.08|
|East of England||168,995||68.00|
|Great Britain total||2,115,745||71.28|
1. Caseloads are rounded to the nearest five.
2. Totals may not sum due to rounding.
3. Guarantee credit households include those who were receiving guarantee credit only and those who were receiving both guarantee credit and savings credit.
4. Pension credit replaced minimum income guarantee (MIG) on
5. Data from the generalised matching service 100 per cent. scans taken on
6. Those converted from MIG are those who were MIG recipients as at
Information Directorate 100 per cent. sample.