Trauma Centre Status

Health written question – answered on 22nd June 2005.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Greg Hands Greg Hands Conservative, Hammersmith and Fulham

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what services hospitals must be able to provide in order to obtain trauma centre status.

Photo of Liam Byrne Liam Byrne Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services)

There is no nationally set definition of a 'trauma centre' in England. It is for local providers of health care services, in conjunction with their commissioners and clinicians, to determine the most appropriate range and size of those supporting services needed to support seriously injured or wounded patients.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.