Rheumatoid Arthritis

Health written question – answered on 13 June 2005.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lynne Featherstone Lynne Featherstone Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs), Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Home Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if she will list the health (a) authorities and (b) trusts in England providing funding for anti-TNF therapy for people with rheumatoid arthritis; and if she will make a statement.

Photo of Liam Byrne Liam Byrne Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services)

The Department does not collect information on funding provided by strategic health authorities or primary care trusts for specific treatments.

Health bodies are obliged to fund, from general allocations, anti-TNF (tumour necrosis factor) treatment for those with severe rheumatoid arthritis who meet the clinical guidelines set by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.