We need your support to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can continue to hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Vaccine Damage

Defence written question – answered on 4th April 2005.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Professor Ross Cranston Professor Ross Cranston Labour, Dudley North

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many payments were made by his Department to children suffering from vaccine damage between 1975 and the introduction of the Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979.

Photo of Mr Ivor Caplin Mr Ivor Caplin Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Defence

The Department for Work and Pensions is responsible for administering vaccine damage payments under the Vaccine Damage Payments Act 1979. The Ministry of Defence has no record of making common-law compensation payments to children suffering from vaccine damage.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.