To ask the Secretary of State for Health what per capita spending on health was in Wirral, South in (a) 1997, (b) 2001 and (c) the last year for which figures are available.
Expenditure based on individual constituencies is not available. The expenditure per capita on health in Wirral Health Authority area and Cheshire and Merseyside Strategic Health Authority area is shown in the table.
|Wirral Health Authority area||Cheshire and Merseyside Strategic Health Authority area|
1. Expenditure is taken from audited health authority summarisation forms and primary care trust summarisation schedules which are prepared on a resource basis and therefore differ from cash allocations in the year. Figures are given in cash terms.
2. Allocations per weighted head of population provide a much more reliable measure to identify differences between funding of health authorities and primary care trusts.
3. Figures for 1997–98 and 2001–02 have been prepared using gross expenditure figures. Figures for 2003–04 have been adjusted to eliminate expenditure which would be double counted where an authority acts as a lead in commissioning healthcare or other services.
1. Wirral Health Authority audited accounts 1997–98.
2. Wirral Health Authority audited summarisation forms 2001–02.
3. Cheshire and Merseyside Strategic Health Authority audited summarisation forms 2003–04.
4. Primary care trust audited summarisation schedules 2001–02 and 2003–04 for bodies within the above health authority areas.
5. Weighted population figures.