Country Information and Policy Unit Reports

Home Department written question – answered on 17th March 2005.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mrs Barbara Roche Mrs Barbara Roche Labour, Hornsey and Wood Green

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department by what mechanisms organisations outside the Government may challenge the accuracy of information in his Department's Country Information and Policy Unit reports.

Photo of Des Browne Des Browne Minister of State (Citizenship, Immigration and Counter-Terrorism), Home Office, Minister of State (Home Office) (Citizenship, Immigration and Nationality)

Any organisations or individuals wishing to challenge or comment on the country information material produced by the Home Office may contact the independent Advisory Panel on Country Information. The Advisory Panel was established under the Nationality Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 to provide expert external scrutiny of the Home Office's country information material and advice to help ensure that this is as accurate and balanced as possible.

The Advisory Panel welcomes feedback from all sources. Information about the work of the Panel and contact details are provided on its website at

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.