Official Residences

Defence written question – answered on 24th February 2005.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Grayling Chris Grayling Shadow Minister (Education)

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will list the official residences for which his Department is responsible; who occupies each one; what the annual cost is of running each property; what contribution the occupants of each make towards running costs; what the total capital and refurbishment expenditure has been on those properties in each of the past five years; how much money was spent in each property on (a) flowers and plants, (b) wine and entertaining, (c) food, (d) telephone bills and (e) electricity and gas in 2003–04; how many (i) domestic and (ii) maintenance staff are employed at each property, broken down by post; and what the total cost of staff employment was in 2003–04.

Photo of Mr Ivor Caplin Mr Ivor Caplin Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Defence

I refer the hon. Member to the answer given to him by my right hon. Friend the Prime Minister on 20 January 2005, Hansard, column 1037W. I would also refer the hon. Member to the answer I gave on 20 November 2003, Hansard, column 1273W, to Mr. Flight.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.