Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Departmental Accounting Practice

Treasury written question – answered on 21st July 2004.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Richard Bacon Richard Bacon Conservative, South Norfolk

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer who the Finance Director of (a) the Treasury, (b) the Inland Revenue Trust, (c) Customs and Excise, (d) the Government Actuary's Department, (e) the Crown Estate, (f) the Royal Mint, (g) the Office of National Statistics, (h) National Savings and Investments and (i) Inland Revenue is; what accountancy qualifications each Director holds; and on how many occasions there has been a qualified opinion on (i) the resource accounts and (ii) other accounts of each in the last five years.

Photo of Ruth Kelly Ruth Kelly Financial Secretary, HM Treasury

The answer is as follows.

Department Finance Director Accountancy qualifications
HM Treasury Mrs Hilary Douglas (Managing Director, Corporate Services) None, but supported by a fully qualified Head of Finance
Ms Mary Keegan (from 1 September 2004) Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants
Customs and Excise Ms Alison French None, but supported by a qualified and experienced team
Government Actuary's Department Mrs Kirn Clegg Associate, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
The Crown Estate Mr John Lelliott Fellow, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
The Royal Mint Mr Huw Edwards Associate, Institute of Chartered Accountants
Office for National Statistics Mr Peter Murphy None
National Savings and Investments Mr Trevor Bayley Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants
Inland Revenue and The Inland Revenue Trust Mr Stephen Jones None

As to the qualification of the accounts of the Chancellor's departments, I refer the hon. Member to the accounts themselves.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.