Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Lancaster House

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 24th March 2004.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tim Loughton Tim Loughton Shadow Minister (Children)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what his Department's policy is on private hire of Lancaster House.

Photo of Jack Straw Jack Straw Foreign Secretary

The lease for Lancaster House with the Crown Estate only permits its use by senior Civil Servants of grades 2 and above for official business. However on special request, the Crown Estate have on occasion allowed commercial filming to take place.

We are actively exploring the possibility of greater commercial use of the House in order to offset costs.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.