We do not hold information centrally for camera operations other than those operated within the Safety Camera Partnerships. The figures from the South and Central Wales safety camera partnership, which joined the scheme from April 2000 and the North Wales partnership, which joined the scheme in October 2001, are as follows.
|North Wales (7)||(8)—||28||45||66|
|South and Central Wales (9)||33||80||313||357|
(7) Covers the North Wales police authority area
(8) Prior to joining the safety camera programme
(9) In 2000–01 and 2001–02, covered the South Wales police authority area; from 2002/03, joined by Gwent and Dyfed and Powys police force areas
1. For 2003–04 the number of sites shown are those approved in the operational cases for 2003–04, not all of which may yet be operational.
2. These figures exclude red traffic-light cameras.
3. Police authorities also have operational discretion to deploy cameras exceptionally at other locations, including "community concern sites", where there is evidence of speeding causing concern to local residents.
We do not record this information specifically by police force, constituency or local authority area.