Health Care Professionals

Health written question – answered on 4th February 2004.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Baron John Baron Shadow Minister (Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what the net inflow of health care professionals to the United Kingdom was in each of the last ten years, broken down by (a) country and (b) profession.

Photo of John Hutton John Hutton Minister of State, Department of Health, Minister of State (Department of Health) (Health)

holding answer 29 January 2004

The information requested is not collected centrally.

The Nursing and Midwifery Council holds information on the number of initial admissions to the register by country. This information is available on the NMC's website at

The Department of Health Medical and Dental Workforce Census provides a breakdown of all doctors in the national health service broken down by United Kingdom, European Economic Area (EEA) and non-EEA countries, and the full data has been placed in the Library.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.