Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Coastal Erosion

Deputy Prime Minister written question – answered on 30th October 2003.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Norman Lamb Norman Lamb Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury), Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Treasury)

To ask the Deputy Prime Minister if he will list the sites of dredging activity offshore; and if he will place a map of sites in the Library.

Photo of Keith Hill Keith Hill Minister of State (Housing and Planning), Office of the Deputy Prime Minister

Dredging activity offshore is statutorily controlled by a number of bodies including the Crown Estate, coast protection authorities, the Department of Transport, harbour and port authorities, local planning authorities and some private owners of seabed.

There is no central record of all types of offshore dredging. However, most marine minerals dredging is licensed by the Crown Estate and I have asked it to provide a schedule and maps of all currently licensed dredging areas. I will forward these to the hon. Member as soon as I receive them and will arrange for copies to be available in the Library of the House.

Information about offshore dredging licences issued by the Crown Estate is also available on the Crown Estate's website: which is regularly updated.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.