Members' Guests

House of Commons Commission written question – answered on 22nd October 2002.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Kevin Brennan Kevin Brennan Labour, Cardiff West

To ask the hon. Member for Roxburgh and Berwickshire, representing the House of Commons Commission, if the Commission will take steps to ensure that hon. Members may invite musicians from their constituency to play music in the House.

Photo of Mr Archy Kirkwood Mr Archy Kirkwood Chair, Work and Pensions Committee

Permission for musical performances is granted on a case-by-case basis by the Speaker. I understand that the Speaker has agreed to occasional performances provided that meetings and events in adjoining areas are not disturbed. Hon. Members who wish to have music performed at a private function in a refreshment room should direct their request to the Catering Committee, which advises the Speaker.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.