Parliamentary Answers

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 24th July 2002.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Turner Andrew Turner Conservative, Isle of Wight

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

(1) for how long he retains documents referred to in parliamentary answers on his Department's website;

(2) whether it is his policy to ensure that documents referred to in parliamentary answers are available via his Department's website.

Photo of Denis MacShane Denis MacShane Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office

This Department aims to be as helpful as possible in responding to hon. Members' questions. Where it is helpful to refer hon. Members to other documents as part of the substantive reply, this may be done by making hard copies of documents available in the Libraries of the House, or by reference to material available on the Department's website. Such documents are currently retained on the FCO website indefinitely.

The FCO also adheres to Office of the e-Envoy "Guidelines for UK Government Websites", which sets out policy on website content and information management.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.