We have set the Central Science Laboratory the following performance targets for 2002–03.
1. To make satisfactory progress with the action plan resulting from the 2001–02 Science Audit.
2. To manage the agency in an effective manner, including delivery of e-Government and commercial exploitation of research outputs.
3. To achieve a minimum of 85 per cent of project milestones in commissioned projects which support the Developing DEFRA objectives.
4. To achieve a mean score of 4.0 on a scale of 0 to 5 for the assessment of customer satisfaction using the revised methodology.
5. To deliver the efficiency targets set out in the business plan.
6. To recover from Government departments, agencies and external customers, the full economic costs of the agency's services.