Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Horticultural Research

Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 1st May 2002.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Ladyman Stephen Ladyman Labour, South Thanet

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs through which organisations Government support for horticultural research is provided.

Photo of Elliot Morley Elliot Morley Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Government support for Horticulture R and D is provided by DEFRA, SEERAD and DARDNI. Government-funded horticultural research is currently provided through a range of research institutes, universities and other research providers, as listed.

ADAS Consulting Ltd.

British Potato Council

Canterbury Christchurch College

Central Science Laboratory

Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, NI

Dove Associates Ltd.

Harper Adams Agricultural College

Higgins (formerly Gordon and Innes)

Horticulture Research International

Institute of Arable Crops Research

Institute of Food Research

John Innes Centre

Macauley Land Use Research Institute

Moredun Research Institute

Rowett Research Institute

Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh

Scottish Agricultural College

Scottish Crops Research Institute

Silsoe Research Institute

Mylnefield Research Services Ltd.

Nottingham Trent University

University College of North Wales

University of Aberdeen

University of Brighton

University of Bristol

University of Durham

University of Glasgow

University of Hertfordshire

University of Lancaster

University of Leeds

University of London (Wye College)

University of Newcastle

University of Nottingham

University of Reading

University of Wales

University of West of England

Writtle College.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.