Minimum Incomes

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 12th February 2002.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mr Andy King Mr Andy King Labour, Rugby and Kenilworth

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what guidelines on the minimum incomes for healthy living for (a) pregnant women, (b) families, (c) single adults and (d) pensioners (i) before and (ii) after rent and council tax his Department (A) takes into account and (B) provides to other Government departments when decisions are being made about the levels of (1) council tax, (2) income tax, (3) housing and council tax benefits, (4) income support and jobseeker's allowance, (5) working families tax credit and (6) the minimum wage.

Photo of Malcolm Wicks Malcolm Wicks Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions

The levels of social security benefits are reviewed each year and approved by Parliament. A range of factors is considered when reviewing benefit levels. The Department does not produce guidelines on minimum incomes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.