Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 15th November 2001.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Charlotte Atkins Charlotte Atkins Labour, Staffordshire Moorlands

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what financial assistance is available to hill farmers to diversify their businesses.

Photo of Alun Michael Alun Michael Minister of State (Rural Affairs), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

The Rural Enterprise Scheme (RES), which is a part of the England Rural Development Programme, provides grants for all types of farmers, including hill farmers, seeking to pursue good diversification projects. The RES has a total budget of £152 million between 2001 and 2006. Financial assistance is also available for planning consultancy advice for viable diversification projects under the RES. Other funding is available from Regional Development Agencies in the form of Redundant Building Grant. Additional measures, such as the Vocational Training Scheme and the Farm Business Advice Service, also offer relevant support.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.