Farm Funding

Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 6th November 2001.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Owen Paterson Owen Paterson Conservative, North Shropshire

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs if she will allow English farmers to access England Rural Development Programme funding on the same basis as Welsh farmers.

Photo of Alun Michael Alun Michael Minister of State (Rural Affairs), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

Separate Rural Development Plans/ Programmes have been prepared for England and Wales which reflect the particular characteristics of each country but this has been done within the common framework of measures and requirements laid down in the European Commission's Rural Development Regulation. Farmers in some parts of Wales also receive support for rural development through Structural Funds.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.