Meat and Meat Products: Import Monitoring

House of Lords written question – answered at on 2 May 2001.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Viscount Cranborne Viscount Cranborne Conservative

asked Her Majesty's Government:

Which body is, or bodies are, responsible for monitoring imports of meat and meat products into the United Kingdom.

Photo of Baroness Hayman Baroness Hayman Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Minister of State (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food)

All meat and meat products imported from third countries into the UK must enter at designated UK border inspection posts, where they are subject to veterinary inspections. The inspection services at the BIP are the responsibility of the relevant local authority.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.