Under the Terrorist Asset-Freezing etc. Act 2010 (TAFA 2010), the Treasury is required to report to Parliament, quarterly, on its operation of the UK’s asset freezing regime mandated by UN Security Council Resolutions 1373 and 1452.
This report covers the period from 1 July 2016 to 30 September 2016. This report also covers the UK implementation of the UN ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida asset freezing regime (ISIL-AQ) and the operation of the EU asset freezing regime in the UK under EU Regulation (EC) 2580/2001 which implements UNSCR 1373 against external terrorist threats to the EU. Under the ISIL-AQ asset freezing regime, the UN has responsibility for designations and the Treasury has responsibility for licensing and compliance with the regime in the UK under the ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida (Asset-Freezing) Regulations 2011. Under EU Regulation 2580/2001, the EU has responsibility for designations and the Treasury has responsibility for licensing and compliance with the regime in the UK under Part 1 of TAFA 2010.
A new EU asset freezing regime under EU Regulation (2016/1686) was implemented on 22 September 2016. This permits the EU to make autonomous Al-Qaida and ISIL (Da’esh) listings. Once a designation is made under this regime it will appear in the table below.
Annexes A and B to this statement provide a breakdown, by name, of all those designated by the UK and the EU in pursuance of UN Security Council Resolution 1373.
The attached table sets out the key asset-freezing activity in the UK during the quarter: 1 July 2016 to 30 September 2016
On 8 August 2016, the designation of one individual referred to in previous reports as ‘A’ was lifted by the court with effect from 11 March 2016.
Annex A: Designated persons under TAFA 2010 by name
1. Hamed ABDOLLAHI
2. Imad Khalil AL-ALAMI
3. Abdelkarim Hussein AL-NASSER
4. Ibrahim Salih AL-YACOUB
5. Manssor ARBABSIAR
6. Usama HAMDAN
8. Mohammed KHALED
9. Musa Abu MARZOUK
10. Khalid MISHAAL
11. Khalid Sheikh MOHAMMED
12. Abdul Reza SHAHLAI
13. Ali Gholam SHAKURI
14. Qasem SOLEIMANI
2. EJERCITO DE LIBERACION NACIONAL (ELN)
3. FUERZAS ARMADAS REVOLUCIONARIAS DE COLOMBIA (FARC)
4. HIZBALLAH MILITARY WING, INCLUDING EXTERNAL SECURITY ORGANISATION
6. POPULAR FRONT FOR THE LIBERATION OF PALESTINE (PFLP)
7. SENDERO LUMINOSO (SL)
1. Hamed ABDOLLAHI*
2. Abdelkarim Hussein AL-NASSER*
3. Ibrahim Salih AL YACOUB*
4. Manssor ARBABSIAR*
5. Mohammed BOUYERI
6. Hasan IZZ-AL-DIN*
7. Khalid Sheikh MOHAMMED*
8. Abdul Reza SHAHLAI*
9. Ali Gholam SHAKURI*
10. Qasem SOLEIMANI*
GROUPS AND ENTITIES
2. AL-AQSA E.V.
3. AL-AQSA MARTYRS' BRIGADE
4. BABBAR KHALSA
6. DEVRIMCI HALK KURTULU PARTISI-CEPHESI — DHKP/C (REVOLUTIONARY PEOPLE’S LIBERATION ARMY/FRONT/PARTY)
7. EJÉRCITO DE LIBERACIÓN NACIONAL (NATIONAL LIBERATION ARMY)*
8. FUERZAS ARMADAS REVOLUCIONARIAS DE COLOMBIA (FARC)*
10. HAMAS, INCLUDING HAMAS-IZZ AL-DIN AL-QASSEM
11. HIZBALLAH MILITARY WING, INCLUDING EXTERNAL SECURITY ORGANISATION
12. HIZBUL MUJAHIDEEN (HM)
15. KHALISTAN ZINDABAD FORCE (KZF)
17. LIBERATION TIGERS OF TAMIL EELAM (LTTE)
18. PALESTINIAN ISLAMIC JIHAD (PIJ)
19. POPULAR FRONT FOR THE LIBERATION OF PALESTINE — GENERAL COMMAND (PFLP-GC)*
20. POPULAR FRONT FOR THE LIBERATION OF PALESTINE (PFLP)*
21. SENDERO LUMINOSO (SL) (SHINING PATH)*
22. TEYRBAZEN AZADIYA KURDISTAN (TAK)
 Financial institutions update HM Treasury on individual account balances annually. The figures in the first row of the table are based on account balances which were last reported to HM Treasury on 30 September 2015. At the end of each quarter HM Treasury will adjust the figures to reflect any accounts that have been frozen or unfrozen in that quarter.
 For full listing details please refer to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/current-list-of-designated-persons-terrorism-and-terrorist-financing
 For full listing details please refer to www.gov.uk
* EU listing rests on UK designation under TAFA 2010