Domestic Abuse

– Scottish Parliament written question – answered on 21st March 2011.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Wilson John Wilson Scottish National Party

Question S3W-40561

To ask the Scottish Executive what (a) medical and (b) physiological aftercare and support services are available to male victims of domestic violence in the NHS Lanarkshire area.

Photo of Nicola Sturgeon Nicola Sturgeon Scottish National Party

NHS Lanarkshire does not provide gender-specific medical or physiological services for victims of domestic abuse. All patients presenting at accident and emergency and GP services receive appropriate medical attention. NHS Lanarkshire’s Ending Violence and Abuse (EVA) Services support NHS Lanarkshire departments and medical staff to respond appropriately to male and female victims of domestic abuse.

There are a number of national help lines which provide support to men across Scotland who experience domestic abuse, including the Men’s Advice Line funded by the Scottish Government.

The Scottish Government does not hold a comprehensive map of services provided by the non-statutory sector to men experiencing domestic abuse.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.