National Health Service

– Scottish Parliament written question – answered at on 16 July 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mary Scanlon Mary Scanlon Conservative

Question S3W-34707

To ask the Scottish Executive what provision is made in healthcare facilities, including district general hospitals, for children and young people and their families to receive registered hospital play specialist support to adjust to the environment and assist with their treatment.

Photo of Shona Robison Shona Robison Scottish National Party

NHS boards across Scotland recognise the importance of play specialist support for children and young people to support them in adjusting to the hospital environment and assist with their treatment. NHS boards offer a range of play services delivered by play specialists, play assistants and/or trained nursery nurses. NHS boards are responsible for planning and delivery of services, according to the local population’s needs. This includes the provision of play therapy.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.