– Scottish Parliament written question – answered on 26th March 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Campbell Martin Campbell Martin Independent

Question S2W-32513

To ask the Scottish Executive whether a prisoner who is domiciled in Scotland but is serving a custodial sentence in an English prison can, on reaching the point in their sentence at which they qualify for home detention curfew (HDC), return to their home in Scotland to serve the remainder of their sentence under HDC and what the reason is for the position.

Photo of Cathy Jamieson Cathy Jamieson Labour

The Executive is currently working with the Home Office to put the necessary legislative, operational and contractual requirements in place to introduce reciprocal transfer arrangements for certain eligible prisoners subject to home detention curfew and plans to do so by the end of the year.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.