Council Tax

– Scottish Parliament written question – answered on 16th March 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Karen Gillon Karen Gillon Labour

Question S2W-32309

To ask the Scottish Executive, further to the answer to question S2W-22271 by George Lyon on 13 January 2006, whether it will exempt people living in very sheltered accommodation in the Clydesdale parliamentary constituency and elsewhere from full council tax liability.

Photo of George Lyon George Lyon Liberal Democrat

I am pleased to inform the Parliament that legislation before the Parliament will ensure residents in receipt of a housing support service living in certain defined accommodation will be exempt from local taxation altogether. This will include water and sewerage charges. The legislation containing the full definition was laid in Parliament on 13 March 2007 and is planned to come into force on 1 April 2007.

In addition, we asked all Scottish local authorities to work with us to ensure that individuals in receipt of a housing support service and residing in certain defined shared accommodation were granted either a refund of all council tax and water and sewerage charges paid, or the debt accrued was written off.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.