– Scottish Parliament written question – answered on 31st January 2003.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Keith Harding Keith Harding Conservative

Question S1W-33317

To ask the Scottish Executive what action it plans to take to ensure that local authorities improve their collection of recoverable overpayments of housing benefit.

Photo of Peter Peacock Peter Peacock Labour

Housing Benefit (HB), including overpayment, is a reserved matter under the responsibility of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

In April 2002, the DWP published a comprehensive set of performance standards for the administration of HB, including standards relating to the recovery of HB overpayments. In addition, the DWP provides a dedicated advice line for local authorities on HB overpayment matters and plans to issue a new overpayment guidance manual to HB staff towards the end of the year.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.