Motion S1M-41 concerned equipment. The question is, that motion S1M-41, in the name of Mr Michael Russell, be agreed to.
Motion agreed to.
1. Provision of Information Technology and Office Equipment (1) The SPCB shall provide information technology and other office equipment for the Parliament.
(2) Where such information technology and other office equipment is provided for the use of a member for the
(a) the member may select the equipment concerned but only from a list of items specified by the SPCB;
(b) the cost of such equipment shall be no more than £5000 in the first year following a general election and no more than £1500 in each of the following years in that session;
(c) the member shall be responsible for the maintenance, protection and security of such equipment and the SPCB may, if it has reasonable grounds to believe that any such equipment is being misused, require the return of the equipment.
2. Provision of Office Supplies (1) The SPCB shall provide office supplies and postage stamps or postage paid envelopes for the Parliament.
(2) Where such office supplies are provided for the use of a member for the purpose of carrying out his or her Parliamentary duties the member may select the supplies concerned but only from a list of items specified by the SPCB.
3. Publication The SPCB shall publish for each financial year in respect of each member details of the total sums expended under paragraphs 1 and 2 of this direction.
4. Parliamentary Duties For the purposes of this direction, "Parliamentary duties" shall have the same meaning as in rule 8 of Part A of the Members' Allowances Scheme.