ANNEX AALLOWANCES CODEA: Relationships Between Members:
(1) Any constituent can approach any MSP within his or her constituency or region.
(2) If a constituent seeks to approach a particular MSP, the constituent must be directed to that MSP by other MSPs or their staff.
(3) All MSPs have a right to hold surgeries within the area for which they were returned.
(4) Any constituent from outside a region who approaches an MSP with a constituency issue should be directed initially to a relevant MSP.
(5) Any list MSP who raises a constituency issue should notify the relevant constituency MSP at the outset unless the consent of the constituent is withheld.
(6) Any MSP who is approached by a constituent with an issue related to a reserved matter (e.g. social security) should consult with the appropriate Westminster MP.