Overnight Subsistence Allowance:
(1) Subject to sub-paragraphs (4) and (5), a member shall be eligible for an overnight subsistence allowance where he or she requires for the purpose of carrying out his or her Parliamentary duties to spend a night away from his or her main or other residence.
(2) The amount of the overnight subsistence allowance shall be:-
(a) up to £80 per night; or
(b) up to £100 per night in Greater London; or
(c) in respect of a stay outside the United Kingdom an amount determined by the SPCB.
(3) Any claim for overnight subsistence in connection with a stay outside Scotland shall be eligible for reimbursement only where the stay concerned has been authorised in advance by the SPCB.
(4) A member is not eligible for an allowance under this paragraph in connection with Parliamentary duties in Edinburgh.
(5) A member is not eligible for an allowance under this paragraph in connection with Parliamentary duties within his or her constituency or region.