Thursday, 18 February 2021
Good afternoon, and welcome to this virtual meeting of the Scottish Parliament. The first item of business is portfolio questions. I ask members who wish to ask a supplementary question to put an...
1. To ask the Scottish Government what consideration it has given to the future use of hydrogen-powered trains on the Edinburgh-Dundee-Aberdeen main line. (S5O-05017)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what steps it is taking to ensure that major road routes are kept open during bad weather. (S5O-05019)
4. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the funding progress and priorities for the Borderlands Growth Deal. (S5O-05020)
5. To ask the Scottish Government how it is supporting rail services in the Renfrewshire South constituency. (S5O-05021)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what assistance it gives to the development of new railway infrastructure. (S5O-05022)
7. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on its latest ferries plan. (S5O-05023)
8. To ask the Scottish Government when it plans to take Scotland’s railways back into public ownership. (S5O-05024)
The Deputy Presiding Officer: Again, I ask for short questions and succinct answers. If members want to ask a supplementary question, they should put R in the chat function while the relevant...
1. To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made in resuming jury trials in Mid Scotland and Fife. (S5O-05025)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how many virtual prison visits have taken place since 29 June 2020. (S5O-05026)
3. To ask the Scottish Government how it is supporting court services during the Covid-19 pandemic. (S5O-05027)
4. To ask the Scottish Government how it is working with Police Scotland to engage with young people who are at risk of offending during the Covid-19 pandemic. (S5O-05028)
5. To ask the Scottish Government how additional funding announced in its draft budget will be used to keep communities safe. (S5O-05029)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what plans there are to increase the number of divisional police officers in the north-east. (S5O-05030)
7. To ask the Scottish Government when the new HMP Inverness will be completed. (S5O-05031)
8. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports victims of crime in remote and rural communities. (S5O-05032)
The Deputy Presiding Officer: As we move to the final portfolio, I remind members that questions 5 and 7 have been grouped together, and I will take any supplementaries to those questions once...
1. To ask the Scottish Government what impact Brexit has had on workers coming to Scotland from the EU. (S5O-05033)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it will develop its international relations in the post-Brexit era. (S5O-05034)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what recent representations it has made to the United Kingdom Government regarding trade deals with countries linked to genocide. (S5O-05035)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding long-term replacements for European Union funding streams. (S5O-05036)
5. To ask the Scottish Government when it plans to publish the draft bill for an independence referendum announced in its programme for government for 2020-21. (S5O-05037)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the financial and personnel resources required to conduct a second independence referendum. (S5O-05039)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it can take to prevent legislation in devolved areas being passed that is contrary to a resolution on a legislative consent motion by the Scottish...
Good afternoon. The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-24165, in the name of Michael Russell, on “Doing Politics Differently: The Report of the Citizens’ Assembly of...
We move to decision time. The first question is, that amendment S5M-24165.1, in the name of Dean Lockhart, which seeks to amend motion S5M-24165, in the name of Michael Russell, on “Doing...
The next item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S5M-23991, in the name of Maurice Corry, on Scotland’s men’s sheds movement. The debate will be concluded...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.