Wednesday, 18 November 2020
Good afternoon. Before we begin, I remind members that social distancing measures are in place in the chamber and right across the campus. Please take care to observe those measures over the...
The next item of business is portfolio question time. I would like us to get through all the questions, so I would prefer short and succinct questions, and answers to match. The first portfolio...
1. To ask the Scottish Government what engagement Transport Scotland has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding the union connectivity review. (S5O-04753)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what assistance it is providing to the United Kingdom Government with its review of transport infrastructure. (S5O-04759)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to undertake a feasibility study into reopening passenger services on Edinburgh’s south suburban rail line. (S5O-04754)
5. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will examine the viability of having a south Edinburgh metro and light rail service. (S5O-04757)
3. To ask the Scottish Government when the full provisions of the Transport (Scotland) Act 2019 will be implemented. (S5O-04755)
4. To ask the Scottish Government how successful the roll-out of the wearing of face coverings on public transport has been, and how it is monitoring this. (S5O-04756)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to reports that ScotRail plans to reduce services by 10 per cent next month. (S5O-04758)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to encourage an increase in the use of bus services following the Covid-19 pandemic. (S5O-04760)
The Deputy Presiding Officer: Questions 2 and 7 have been grouped together. If a member wishes to request a supplementary question, they should press their request-to-speak button or indicate in...
1. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the reconviction statistics for the 2017-18 offender cohort. (S5O-04761)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how assaults against police officers are recorded. (S5O-04762)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to recent statistics that show attacks on emergency workers have reached a record high. (S5O-04767)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what consideration it has given to the impact of the repeated postponement of court proceedings on the mental health of alleged victims, particularly of sexual...
4. To ask the Scottish Government how many people have been charged with drug offences across Glasgow in the last year. (S5O-04764)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the latest police strength statistics. (S5O-04765)
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-23385, in the name of Ross Greer, on safe schools.
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-23383, in the name of Mark Ruskell, on declaration of a nature emergency.
The next item of business is consideration of business motion S5M-23403, in the name of Graeme Dey, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, setting out a business programme. Motion moved , That...
The next item of business is consideration of Parliamentary Bureau motion S5M-23405, on the office of the clerk. Motion moved , That the Parliament agrees that the Office of the Clerk be closed...
The first question is, that amendment S5M-23385.3, in the name of John Swinney, which seeks to amend motion S5M-23385, in the name of Ross Greer, on safe schools, be agreed to. Are we agreed?
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.