Wednesday, 18 September 2019
The first item of business is portfolio questions, starting with questions on education and skills. I remind members that questions 6 and 8 have been grouped together. Question 1 was not lodged.
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it is supporting the teaching of STEM subjects in Dumfries and Galloway. (S5O-03534)
3. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports students in higher education. (S5O-03535)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to ensure that schools and teachers understand and accommodate the needs of young carers. (S5O-03536)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to the satisfaction level of local schools in the “Scotland’s People Annual Report 2018”. (S5O-03537)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what its response is to reports that one in 10 pupils are taught in substandard schools. (S5O-03538)
8. To ask the Scottish Government how many schools have been built and refurbished, and at what cost, in East Ayrshire and across Scotland since 2007. (S5O-03540)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to ensure that funded childcare places are flexible enough to meet parents’ needs. (S5O-03539)
The Presiding Officer: I remind members that questions 2 and 8 on health and sport have been grouped.
1. To ask the Scottish Government when a women’s health group will be convened and whether it will prioritise the treatment of pre-eclampsia. (S5O-03541)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what progress NHS Lanarkshire has made with plans for a new-build Monklands hospital, following the recommendations made by the independent review. (S5O-03542)
8. To ask the Scottish Government how many appointments have been made to the Monklands replacement oversight board, and what skills, expertise and local knowledge are reflected in these...
4. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with NHS Tayside regarding the delivery of primary care services across the area. (S5O-03544)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to improve healthcare for trans and non-binary people. (S5O-03545)
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-18902, in the name of Miles Briggs, on the mismanagement of national health service construction projects.
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-18896, in the name of Liam Kerr, on restoring trust in criminal sentencing.
The next item of business is consideration of business motion S5M-18927, in the name of Graeme Day, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, setting out a business programme. Motion moved, That the...
The next item of business is consideration of three Parliamentary Bureau motions. I ask Graeme Dey, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau to move motions SM5-18928, on designation of a lead...
The first question is, that amendment SM5-18902.3, in the name of Jeane Freeman, which seeks to amend motion SM5-18902, in the name of Miles Briggs, on mismanagement of national health service...
The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S5M-18408, in the name of Miles Briggs, on the Children’s Hospice Association Scotland, keeping the joy alive. The...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.