Wednesday, 3 April 2019
The first item of business is portfolio questions. I will try to get as many members in as possible, so let us have succinct questions and answers, please. I have grouped questions 1 and 4 together.
1. To ask the Scottish Government what funding it provides to support programmes that aim to improve air quality. (S5O-03086)
4. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing to tackle air pollution in Edinburgh. (S5O-03089)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it defines trail hunting in relation to its proposals for legislative changes to fox hunting practices. (S5O-03087)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what process is in place for it to identify its preferred option for delivering effective environmental governance following Brexit, including functions...
5. To ask the Scottish Government what consideration it has given to possible exemptions from a deposit return scheme. (S5O-03090)
7. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to alleviate fly tipping. (S5O-03092)
8. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on its plans to consult on the outstanding special marine protected areas. (S5O-03093)
1. To ask the Scottish Government what progress it has made since 10 January 2019 with setting up a farming and food production policy group. (S5O-03094)
2. To ask the Scottish Government what assessment it has made of the impact that leaving the European Union will have on the food and drink industry. (S5O-03095)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what impact Brexit could have on the agriculture sector in Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire. (S5O-03096)
4. To ask the Scottish Government when it last met NFU Scotland and what was discussed. (S5O-03097)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with fishermen in Angus regarding the impact of offshore wind developments on the fishing industry. (S5O-03098)
6. To ask the Scottish Government whether it will provide an update on the action it is taking to tackle population decline in rural areas. (S5O-03099)
7. I remind members of my entry in the register of members’ interests: I am a farmer. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to introduce an agriculture bill. (S5O-03100)
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-16702, in the name of Miles Briggs, on looking after those who look after us. I ask members who wish to speak in the debate to press their...
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-16710, in the name of Brian Whittle, on health education. I would like a wee bit of quiet.
The next item of business is consideration of business motion S5M-16733, in the name of Graeme Dey, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, setting out a business programme. Motion moved, That the...
The next item of business is consideration of six Parliamentary Bureau motions. I ask Graeme Dey, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, to move motions S5M-16734 and S5M-16735, on deadlines for...
We turn to decision time. The first question is, that amendment S5M-16702.3, in the name of Jeane Freeman, which seeks to amend motion S5M-16702, in the name of Miles Briggs, on looking after...
Before we move on to the members’ business debate, I want to let members know about Parliament’s plans to meet over the recess. In the past few days, the Parliamentary Bureau has been...
The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S5M-15784, in the name of Sandra White, on the women against state pension inequality campaign. The debate will be...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.