Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
Wednesday, 13 December 2017
1. To ask the Scottish Government when it will next meet the United Kingdom Government to discuss matters relating to the constitution. (S5O-01584)
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it will compensate for decreasing levels of landfill tax revenues as the amount of waste to landfill decreases. (S5O-01585)
3. To ask the Scottish Government how it will ensure that sufficient funding is provided to local authorities to help them meet the needs of their residents. (S5O-01586)
4. To ask the Scottish Government how it will ensure fair and adequate funding for all of Scotland’s local authorities. (S5O-01587)
5. To ask the Scottish Government, in the light of the UK Government’s decision to do so, whether it will bring forward the linking of non-domestic rates poundage to the consumer prices...
6. To ask the Scottish Government what representations it has received from local authorities regarding the draft budget. (S5O-01589)
7. To ask the Scottish Government by how much PFI/PPP payments will increase in 2018-19, given that such payments and index-linked bonds include charges that increase with inflation. (S5O-01590)
8. To ask the Scottish Government what it is doing to ensure that departmental spend is delivering the most effective outcomes in terms of the national performance framework indicators. (S5O-01591)
The Deputy Presiding Officer: Question 1 has not been lodged for reasons that were explained.
2. To ask the Scottish Government how it supports local authorities in attracting businesses and jobs to town centres. (S5O-01595)
3. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the United Kingdom Government regarding European structural funds and regional policy after Brexit. (S5O-01596)
4. To ask the Scottish Government how it encourages employers to pay at least the living wage to under 25s. (S5O-01597)
5. To ask the Scottish Government what plans it has to create targets with specific deadlines to reduce the disability employment gap. (S5O-01598)
6. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to increase workforce productivity. (S5O-01599)
7. I declare an interest as farmer. To ask the Scottish Government what discussions it has had with the UK Government regarding establishing schemes that aim to attract more seasonal skilled...
8. I offer my apologies for my slightly late arrival for portfolio question time. To ask the Scottish Government what immediate action it is taking to support the economies of Orkney and...
9. To ask the Scottish Government what progress it is making in improving productivity across the country. (S5O-01602)
The next item of business is a debate on motion S5M-09513, in the name of Murdo Fraser, on finance. I call Murdo Fraser to speak to and move the motion. Mr Fraser, you have 13 minutes or thereabouts.
The next item of business is consideration of three business motions: S5M-09545, setting out a business programme; and S5M-09541 and S5M-09548, on stage 1 timetables for two bills. Motions moved,...
The next item of business is consideration of five Parliamentary Bureau motions. Motions moved, That the Parliament agrees that the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Transfer of Functions of the...
I remind members that, if the amendment in the name of Derek Mackay is agreed to, all other amendments will fall. The first question is, that amendment S5M-09513.4, in the name of Derek Mackay,...
The final item of business is a members’ business debate on motion S5M-08342, in the name of Mairi Gougeon, on the heads up for harriers project and the role of species champions. The...
The Scottish Parliament is the national legislature of Scotland, located in Edinburgh. The Parliament consists of 129 members known as MSPs, elected for four-year terms; 73 represent individual geographical constituencies, and 56 are regional representatives.